Sunday, 10 June 2012

Thing 6: Online networks


Like many of the participants on 23 Things for Professional Development course, my facebook is private and only for friends and families. I joined Linkedin a few weeks ago and it focuses on my work as a librarian and a researcher for the history of Chinese medicine. I do like the idea of having a ‘professional’ present on the Internet; therefore, Linkedin is a very good platform. I am still finding my way in the world of twitter and not sure if I have the time to ‘work on’ it and make it effective though I am open-minded about it.

I also learned about Pinterest from the other participants on the course which I have never heard about before. It looks interesting and I will certainly want to look into it a bit more.

CILIP communities: I just registered as a member of CILIP and at the moment, I am working towards my Chartership. Therefore, this on-line network is very useful for me and I am hoping to find other people who are also doing their chartership! 

 

1 comment:

Kathy Miles said...

Cool blog, Dolly